Sorry, this item is currently out of stock
The Medilarm Pro Personal Alarm for the Elderly is an advanced Personal Alarm with many features. It has been designed to offer total peace of mind and protection so independent living can be maintained. Carers, friends and family can be immediately contacted by the simple press of a button, should the wearer fall or become incapacitated.
"There are no further monthly monitoring charges with the Medilarm Pro Personal Alarm for the Elderly as you decide who it calls."
The Medilarm Pro Elderly Personal Alarm supports full two way conversation between the alarm and the person it calls, just like using a normal phone. Its sensitive microphone means that the person can be heard up to a distance of approx 4m away.
The Medilarm Pro Personal Alarm For The Elderly qualifies for VAT Relief, saving you 20%. Login or register at the checkout and indicate if you are eligible then VAT will be removed.
How does it work?
It has a number of safety features including the ability to set several timed medic alerts throughout the day for those who have to be reminded to take medicines or carry out other daily tasks. It also has additional buttons that can be setup to call favorite numbers with one press, so they can be called even when their isn't an emergency.
By adding movement detectors the Personal Alarm will activate if it doesn't detect movement within one of four specified time periods. It can also monitor for gas, smoke and water leakage using additional accessories as well as allowing static emergency panic buttons to be added.
You do not need a PC or need to use the software to setup the basic features of the Medilarm Pro. The user definable phone numbers that the Personal Alarm will call or text can be setup by sending it a series of text messages from a mobile phone. Alternatively you can use the simple PC software (available via download) to do this which is also necessary if you want to configure the words in any of the text messages it sends or use any of the advanced features such as the movement detectors or medic alert timers.
If you would like these features but do not want to setup the device then we can do this for you. Please see our installation services if this interests you.
A mobile phone SIM card needs to be added to this device for it to function and it must have a good mobile phone signal at the point where it is to be located. SIM cards are available from us or can be obtained locally. Any standard size SIM card used in a mobile phone will work and we recommend you use one on a pay-as-you-go service.
- Calls up to 5 numbers, repeating each one up to 3 times until answered.
- Sends a text message to a further 3 numbers.
- Two way voice communication on alarm activation or by calling the alarm from another phone.
- User definable text message alerts for every alarm condition/individual zone - very useful in case the carer is unable to take calls and allows for easy identification of alarm condition.
- 3 dedicated buttons for favourite numbers - saves the owner having to remember or lookup phone numbers of frequently called carers
- 3 Emergency Button zones allow for up to 3 separate wireless buttons to be added, e.g. Pendant, Wristwatch and Emergency Panic button (wall mounted)
- Big Red SOS button on the alarm
- 4 medic alert timers with buzzer activation - useful to remind the owner to take medicines or carry out other daily tasks
- 4 "Watch" zones for monitoring movement* - up to four start and end times can be programmed during which if no movement is detected an alarm will be sent, i.e, "Mum has not been into the kitchen yet"
- 3 Environment monitoring zones to check for Gas or Water leakage and Smoke detection* - really useful in case smoke detectors are activated or the gas is left on
- Mains power failure and restoration alert if no mains power for more than 30 minutes
- Large Capacity Backup battery (approx 12 hrs) - low power alert text message will be send before battery charge is fully depleted. Very useful in case the device is left unplugged accidentally.
- Self test system check every 1 - 240 hrs - text message is sent confirming status. This is really useful to stop SIM Cards expiring if not used within network providers minimum usage requirement.
- Internal aerial with optional external aerial available for weak signal areas
- Wireless Strobe Siren activation* - independent activation possible for all or any Watch, Environment and Emergency button zones
* requires additional accessories
For full product functionality a Vodafone SIM card must be used. This is required for the Medic Alert Timers and Watch Zone functions to operate as they require the time to be set by the network operator. Only Vodafone support this in the UK.
If you are not using these features then giffgaff SIMs will send calls and text messages perfectly fine. giffgaff runs on the O2 network so if you get an O2 signal this is a good choice. Orange, O2 & Tesco Mobile will just make calls and cannot send text messages. Standard SIMs from other operators are very likely to work but cannot be guaranteed.
If you are using the Medilarm Pro outside of the UK and you require full functionality then you need to check if the network operator supports Network Identity and Time Zone (NITZ) functionality. A partial list can be found by going to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NITZ.
- 1 x Medilarm Pro.
- 1 x Pendant Emergency Button.
- 1 x 240V AC to 9 - 12 V DC Power Supply.
- 1 x User Manual.
- 1 x USB Cable.
- Configuration software (available via download).
- Power Supply: 9VDC/1A.
- GSM Frequency: Quad Band 850/900/1800/1900Mhz.
- SIM Card: Supports standard size 3V SIM Card
- GSM Antenna: 50Ω SMA internal antenna interface (external aerial optional extra).
- Wireless Frequency: 433.92 Mhz.
- Wireless Range:
- Worn Panic Buttons - Max 60m. Typical Range 30m - 50m depending on conditions.
- Wireless Detectors & Sirens - Max 100m. Typical Range 30m - 80m depending on conditions.
- Max Worn Panic Buttons: 3.
- Max Wireless detectors: 7. 4 for Watch Zones, 3 for 24hr zones.
- Max Wireless Siren: Unlimited.
- Backup Battery: 3.7V 1200mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery
- Temperature Range: -20°C ~ +60°C
- Humidity Range: Relative Humidity 90% (Condensation Free)
- Width x Depth x Height approx. (cm) = 16.5 x 12.5 x 3.
There are yet no reviews for this product.
Please log in to write a review.